Ricoh lacked a defined long-term strategy for lead generation and nurture.
With a clear proposition around office transformation, Ricoh required a clear way for prospects to arrive at the correct product or service. With more than 30 different product and service lines to support campaigns, the marketing departments activity was often reactionary or short-term.
Ricoh required a long-term, strategic solution that could support all of the service lines, while effectively nurturing and converting prospects into MQLs.
1. Consolidate and redirecting historic search traffic to one new domain.
Over time Ricoh had built up many historic thought leadership domains. We launched a new evergreen domain and redirected the traffic from the old domains to relevant content on the new site.
Launching the new evergreen domain enabled us to make a clean break with the past without starting from scratch. Our new domain had a reliable stream of traffic and a strong base of search-optimised content from day one.
2. Gain audience insights from historic performance data.
By reviewing the analytics for the previous domains we were able to identify the best-performing content and topics.
We saw that Ricoh’s customers weren’t looking for lofty opinions or think-pieces; they wanted practical advice. They wanted real answers to real questions. We focussed our strategy on answering these questions, being helpful and adding value for the end-user.
3. Produce an evergreen ‘lead magnet’ for lead generation.
We produced a ‘lead magnet’ titled The Essential Guide to Creating an Optimal Office. It talked clients through every stage of the workplace transformation process, starting with optimising their people, their processes, the physical space and finally their technology stack.
The guide was full of practical, hands-on advice and the written style was concise and punchy for maximum skimmability. The guide was then hosted on a landing page and offered to prospects in return for their contact data. Form integration with Eloqua ensured all engaged contacts were captured and nurtured.
4. Use marketing automation to drive leads into relevant bottom-of-funnel product and service campaigns.
Now we have prospects’ contact details and intent data captured in Eloqua we needed to provide relevant content, eventually channeling them into bottom-of-funnel campaigns focused on products or services.
- Increased web traffic by 220% in seven months
- Generated 780 leads in seven months
- Achieved 9.5% conversion rate on the landing page
- Established the basis of an ‘evergreen’ lead generation and nurture strategy that Ricoh UK can optimise and add to over time which generates around 30 – 35 new leads per month
“I’ve been keeping a close eye on the downloads and MQLs being generated – it’s looking very good. Well done team.”
Head of Communications, Marketing at Ricoh UK